We believe that in Kentucky, if you work hard, you should be able to succeed.
Our country’s economy no longer benefits citizens and their families. Nationally, 3 out of 4 working people working more than 40 hours a week to make ends meet — while the top 1% gets wealthier. Locally it isn’t much better. Wages aren’t growing, jobs are disappearing, and retirements are in jeopardy.
Kentuckians can’t decide their own future if they can’t afford to live.
- We support a smart living wage that is tied to local cost of living and inflation. If you work 40 hours a week, you should make enough to be able to afford a home and provide for your family without being forced into a second or third job. It’s a waste of everyone’s time to fight over the minimum wage as the economy changes.
- We support the right for all workers to organize for collective bargaining. Employees should have a say in their working conditions.
- We support investments in education, quality of life, and the things that make our Commonwealth unique. If you live in an area where jobs are disappearing, it’s our responsibility to help attract new jobs to the area.
- We support job creation through investments in Kentucky’s roads, bridges, schools, and community centers. There’s no reason that we should have crumbling infrastructure and people looking for work.
- We support policies to tackle income inequaility specifcally associated with race and geography. We will work to change the policies that discriminate against people based on their race or geography.